De la plume au parchemin !
In addition to the visit to the exhibitions of the castle, the group of children carries out with a mediator a workshop on the secrets of writing in the Middle Ages.
From medieval parchments to XNUMXst century emails, it is an understatement to say that Man's relationship with writing and its media has radically changed in a thousand years!
The objective of this workshop is to present the long history of writing while experimenting with medieval writing techniques.
The workshop takes place in 2 stages:
- in small groups, students discover tools and writing materials from different periods and civilisations, they formulate hypotheses and determine the tools used in the Middle Ages at the Château des Rubins...
- students experiment with writing with a pen and a reed pen on paper
The educational objectives:
- Locate yourself in time
- Discover the processes and techniques of writing in the Middle Ages
- Compare the pros and cons of different writing tools
- Compare the uses of writing in the Middle Ages with those of today
- Feel the distinct ways of writing with the different tools
- Team working
Duration of the session : 90 min
- School groups welcome
- Cycle 2: elementary school (CP, CE1, CE2)
- Cycle 4: college (5th, 4th, 3rd)
- Reception of summer camps
- Children from 6 to 12 years old
- Young people from 13 to 17 years old
- Cycle 3: elementary school (CM1, CM2)
- Cycle 3: college (6th)
- Group accepted from 10 to 25 people
- Supervised practice
|Opening hours from January 01 to December 31, 2024
Pets are not accepted.
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs