Fancy a refreshing break in an exceptional natural setting? Nestled in the heart of the Alps, the biotope lake of Combloux is a preserved oasis combining refreshing swimming, relaxation, biodiversity and respect for the environment. Designed in an ecological way, this innovative site is distinguished by its layout that respects natural balances, favoring a rich and diversified ecosystem.
Discover the secrets of this unique place, a true haven of unspoiled nature, where ecological design and exceptional biodiversity come together to offer you an unforgettable experience.
The biotope of Combloux, a natural swimming pool facing Mont-Blanc
The Combloux natural swimming pool is located close to the village center, in a landscape with a 360° view of the mountain ranges.
Whether you are a nature lover, a water sports enthusiast or simply in search of tranquility, the biotope lake of Combloux invites you to experience unforgettable moments in harmony with alpine nature.
Take advantage of the 1750m² pool, whose water quality is ensured by more than 10 aquatic plants. Due to natural water treatment, the number of people per day is limited.
Plan your visit now and experience this unspoilt gem on a memorable getaway. Reservations are strongly recommended in high season.
The Combloux biotope lake: an innovative ecological design
Development that respects natural balances
The new mode of operation of our bathing site
In September 2021, the Town Hall of Combloux implemented a major project to rehabilitate and enlarge our ecological lake facing Mont-Blanc.
In order to remain at the forefront of ecological bathing, our biotope lake has therefore been equipped, since July 2022:
- a whole new mode of operation
- a refurbished filtration system
With a view to continuous improvement of this tourist equipment, here are the new features to come for the 2023 summer season:
- 4 lanes of 50 m each for practicing sports swimming
- a paddling pool for children
The fauna and flora of the biotope body of water
More than 10 plants are active every day in their ecosystem to filter the water of the ecological lake of Combloux!
The emblematic reeds (phragmites australis) with their purifying virtues and the water lilies (nymphéas alba) with their aesthetic virtues, are the great animators of the floral spectacle that the body of water offers every day.
Other types of plants complete this active cleaning work:
- The delicate Pimpernel (Anagalis tenella), an oxygenating plant that keeps the water in the pool crystal clear
- Swamp Trefoil
- The sharp-tepaled rush
- The Scattered Rush which serves as a refuge for newts and frogs
- Buenos Aires Verbena
- And many other species
In terms of fauna, the biotope is home to various animal species. Among the main ones:
- The Alpine newt, amphibian animal that lives both on land and in water to reproduce and lay eggs that will give aquatic larvae
- The dragonfly, a very important flying insect in the ecosystem of the body of water because it protects aquatic spaces from predators such as mosquitoes that it catches in mid-flight
- The little green frog (Lessona's frog), with its bewitching song, which brings an incomparable charm and atmosphere to the lake throughout the season
Come and discover the range of entertainment offered at the lake
Don't wait any longer to explore the multitude of aquatic entertainment and leisure waiting for you at the water's edge in Combloux.
An unforgettable day outdoors awaits you!