Combloux obtains 3 bicycles as part of the “Ville à Vélo du Tour de France” label
The jury of the “Ville à Vélo du Tour de France” label gave its verdict last Thursday: among the 32 candidate cities, Combloux is one of the 9 cities which obtained 3 bikes on a scale of 4.
Since 2021, the Ville à Vélo du Tour de France label has rewarded municipalities committed to a positive dynamic of promoting cycling, having hosted the Tour de France or the Tour de France Women with Zwift at least once.
By welcoming the arrival of stage 16 of the Tour de France 2023, a time trial from Passy which will be held on July 18, Combloux was thus able to apply alongside 31 other municipalities in France.
The results of this third edition of the label were therefore returned on Thursday May 11, Combloux was thus awarded 3 bikes to salute the efforts of the municipality in terms of soft mobility.
Indeed, among the elements that caught the attention of the jury, we can cite:
- the Flocon Vert label obtained in 2022 for the sustainable policy of Combloux
- the provision of a fleet of electrically assisted mountain bikes for community agents and elected officials
- the establishment of aid for the acquisition of an electrically assisted bicycle for the inhabitants of the municipality
- the realization of an action plan in favor of active mobility
- assistance in learning to ride a bike for the youngest, which should be supplemented by the implementation of the “Savoir Rouler à Vélo” program in 2023.
For Combloux, this distinction is above all a recognition of the efforts made by the municipality to improve its cycling policy and encourage its population to favor soft modes of transport in a desire to reduce greenhouse gas emissions on its territory. It is also a source of motivation to continue the efforts and continue to widely promote the practice of cycling.