Do you feel like a pilot and/or a mechanic? Do you dream of hurtling down the picturesque roads of Combloux at the wheel of a soapbox made by you? Then you've come to the right place! Immerse yourself in the thrilling world of Les Loups du Volant: a unique event in Combloux, where creativity, ingenuity and speed meet.
This page is your starting point to learn all about the hobby craft cart race which takes place at Combloux. You will find there, among others:
- Practical advice for the design of your homemade racing car
- Registration methods in the soapbox race
- The latest information about the event: key dates, places ...
- The rules and requirements for participants
- Un media library area, to relive the highlights of Les Loups du Volant, with supporting images
- etc ...
The results of the 2023 edition
Let's start with the conclusion: the Wolves of the Flying, it's already over for this year!
We are delighted to present to you the results of the folk competition which set the village of Combloux on fire this Sunday September 10.
The 1st soapbox race in the Pays du Mont-Blanc
Flying Wolves is the unmissable soapbox competition which marks the end of thesummer in Combloux.
We are expecting many of you for a friendly day full of thrills and camaraderie in the heart of the village, whether you are a driver or a spectator! Thrills and adrenaline guaranteed!
The 600 meter long route will start on the Route du Feug. Carefully designed, it will test the agility, coordination and team spirit of experienced pilot pairs.
Imagination under the hood and ingenuity behind the wheel!
Get ready to see awesome two-seater soapboxes popping up at full speed!
- Will the daring crews on board be able to master the roads of Combloux with the virtuosity of aces at the wheel?
- Will these handcrafted carts manage to negotiate tight bends and pass obstacles without breakage or mechanical problems, all the way to the finish?
Come and admire the creativity of the handmade racing cars of the participating teams!
Events to the next edition of the Loups du Volants for the knowledge !
This event is organized by the Tourist Office of Combloux with the support of the town and the Ski Club of Combloux.
Program of the 2nd edition of the Volant Wolves
Sunday 10 September 2023
Be there to support our flying enthusiasts during the new edition of the Flying Wolves! Show and folklore guaranteed!
|08h00||Arrival of participants|
|09h00||Recognition of the route on foot,|
|09h30||Towing of the first soapboxes|
|10h00||Start of the events with 3 consecutive rounds|
|Lunch break (according to the end time of the 3rd round),|
Become a soapbox driver!
Are you passionate about adrenaline and adventure? Have you always dreamed of hitting the roads of Combloux in a homemade car? Then you have all the qualities necessary to become a real driving wolf!
Fee and registration terms
This amount of €30 includes:
- registration fees
- post-race meals.
- The race is accessible to adults and children from 7 years old (subject to being in pairs with an adult).
- A team can be made up of children only if the addition of the two ages is equal to or greater than 22 years.
Practical information for participants
Location and date of the Flying Wolves 2024
We are waiting for many of you for the next edition of Loups du Volant in Combloux! This unmissable part of our destination will delight both the participating teams and the public.
- Refreshment and catering on site all day.
Plan your arrival in Combloux during the soapbox race
On the occasion of the Flying Wolves, the circulation in our charming destination will be somewhat disrupted this Sunday, September 10.
Please note which roads are closed to traffic from 07 a.m. until mid-afternoon.
- Path of the Passerands
- Route de la Cry-Cuchet between the roundabout of the Office and the Coin Savoyard
- Stone Cross Road
- Route du Feug, from Chemin des Passerands to Coin Savoyard.
Turnkey diversion routes will be put in place to allow you to bypass these areas.
Soap boxes data sheet
What could set you apart from the most talented recreational cart drivers? The experience? Aerodynamics? Ease of control? Maybe the magic recipe for one of a high performance soap box lies in a mixture of all these parameters…
What could really make the difference, however, is being at the helm of a reliable racing car ergonomic, stable and safe. So, before you hit the slope in style:
- get to know our technical recommendations,
- in order to design your non-motorized vehicle in complete security,
- while giving free rein to your imagination and creativity!
Rules of the race
Please read these rules before embarking on the exhilarating adventure of Les Loups du Volant!
The race route
Re(live) the "Loups du Volant" in pictures!
Let yourself be transported by the unique atmosphere of the Loups du Volant, a folkloric event that you absolutely must experience!