During your winter stay, live an unusual experience for a night in the hollow of an igloo on the heights of Combloux. As in a childhood dream, you reach the village of igloos and its tepee on snowshoes to enjoy a good fondue, before falling asleep in your cocoon of snow, in the heart of the mountain.
It all starts with a stroll under the stars…
The evening begins with a snowshoe hike after dark, in the footsteps of Rémy, your overnight guide. Take the time to listen to the sounds of nature and observe the tracks left by animals in the snow. Lit only by the beam of headlamps, the mountain reveals its hidden face.
After about 1h15 of climbing, you see the village of igloos on the edge of the forest where a memorable evening awaits you.
…followed by a good meal…
After the effort, comfort! It's time to get warm by the fire under the teepee and fill the stomachs. And what could be better than a good traditional fondue to warm up bodies and hearts? It's also the time to share a friendly moment in good company, and why not some local songs or crisp anecdotes depending on the mood.
…to end with a magical night in the heart of the Alps
Comes bedtime, a last look at the starry sky before going back to his igloo and snuggling up inside his warm duvet next to his other half. The promise of a night full of sweet dreams.
In the early morning, we tell each other about our night around breakfast while the sun gently peeps its nose, and we take advantage of the calm of nature one last time. It is then time to put on the snowshoes to return to the resort and close the parenthesis of this Nordic adventure, with memories in your head.
Igloos in practice
Meeting place, transport and equipment
- Activity offered every Wednesdays and Saturdays from mid-January to early April, depending on snow conditions. Other dates are available on request for groups.
- Meet at the Combloux Tourist Office then transfer by minibus (+ carpooling depending on the number of participants). Snowshoes, poles and headlamps are provided.
- You will need to provide: warm, waterproof and high mountain shoes, pants and a mountain or ski jacket, warm clothes, a scarf for the tip of the cold nose, 2 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of gloves as well as a hat.
Snowshoeing and evening
- The snowshoe climb takes approx. 1h15 for 230 meters of elevation.
- The meal consists of a Savoyard fondue, charcuterie, salad and a dessert. Please inform the Tourist Office of any intolerances or allergies. You can bring the drink of your choice.
The night under the igloo
The igloo village consists of 7 igloos with 2 to 4 places for a total capacity of 14 people.
- The interior temperature of an igloo is equal to 0°c, but the air being still, the feeling is more like +10°c.
- The igloos are equipped with 5 cm box springs and mattresses and duvets with a comfort rating of -10°C.
- Bag sheets and pillowcases provided and washed with each use.
- Dry toilets are available near the igloos.
- Breakfast at 8 a.m. and return to Combloux scheduled for noon at the latest.